Tuesday 8 December 2009

Speedendurance.com

Speedendurance.com


Lolo Jones Wrong Spikes Cost her Olympic Gold?

Posted: 07 Dec 2009 04:58 PM PST

Having a biomechanical test on your running stride is like taking a life expectancy test.  Do you really want to know the results?

What if your life expectancy test show you have 60 years to live, and you've just turned 59?  (or worse yet, 61!)

What if you had the wrong spikes all these years?

Lolo Jones is currently with Asics in Japan undergoing a biomechanical testing session and blogs about her results on her PlayMaker Mobile page www.playmakermobile.com

PlayMaker Mobile is a new mobile application that allows the biggest names in professional sports to connect with fans in real-time.  Big names include Donovan McNabb, Yao Ming, and Steve Nash, just to name a few.

Lolo Jones just found out from Asics that they provided her with the wrong shoes during the Olympics and that they make her feet "collapse too much."

At least she has a good attitude about and is looking forward to the future!

From her Blog:

So its only 2009 but I am out here in Kobe, Japan designing a spike that will help me win the Gold medal in the 2012 Olympic games. Yesterday was a very long day. Not only was i jet lagged but i was poked and prodded like I was a lab rat. The first thing they did was hook me up to computers with sensors. Asics did this by taping little gray balls all around my feet and ankles. As I ran the information was relayed back to three computers that broke down my every step.

I learned that the shoe I had been wearing for three years was the wrong shoe for me.

At the Olympics Games, I made a very small mistake, that cost me the gold medal. The shoes I was wearing for that race allowed my feet to collapse too much! can we all say hmmmmm.. The shoe designers was very shocked that I ran so fast with that shoe seeing how it was not a good match for my foot. So I left day one immensely please that maybe I could break the world record!

Complete Speed Training

40 Yard Dash Set up: NFL Scouting Combine Preparation

Posted: 07 Dec 2009 12:00 PM PST

Excelsior Sports has a new DVD series called The New School of Human Performance.

Below is an excerpt for a 40 Yard Dash set-up from the NFL Scouting Combine Preparation series "40 Yard Dash" DVD.

Presenting the 10 minute YouTube video is Steven Plisk, who earned his BS in Exercise & Sport Science at the University at Buffalo and his MS in Kinesiology at the University of Colorado.

I thought it was an excellent explanation of the 40 yard dash at a high level.  Clear and concise.  Do's and don'ts.

If you enjoyed this video, check out some other 40 yard dash videos on YouTube.

Improving your 40 Yard Dash Instructional Videos

Copyright © 2009 by Speedendurance.com. All Rights Reserved.
Speedendurance.com is on Facebook. Visit:
Find SpeedEndurance.com on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment