Friday 25 December 2009

About Today: Who Is Santa Claus?

About.com    Today
In the Spotlight | More Topics |
  from Jen Hubley
I was going through some family photos from my childhood when I noticed something interesting. On Christmas day, I was always half asleep. This is because I refused to go to bed the night before. I stayed up all night, lying in wait for Santa.

 
In the Spotlight
Who Is Santa Claus?
My goal was to negotiate for more gifts, but I never caught him. It's possible that I might have nodded off for just a minute.

 
           More Topics
The True Life Story of St. Nicholas
Later, when I'd given up my Santa vigil and started lobbying my parents for more loot, my Dad told me about the history of St. Nicholas.

 
Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas
I had to be reminded, when I was little, that Santa wasn't actually the center of the holiday. (Note to today's kids: It's a bad idea, when reminded of this, to say to your Mom, "But he's the one who brings gifts!")

 
 
Sponsored Links
 
Feeling Under the Weather?
Evaluating Your Cold Symptoms
How to tell when a runny nose is just a cold, and when it might be turning into something more serious and require a visit to the doctor. More>

Today Ads
Advertisement
 
 
Visit Related About GuideSites:
Arts & Entertainment Automotive Careers
Citysearch Cities & Towns Computing & Technology Education
Food & Drink Health & Fitness History
Hobbies & Games Homework Help House & Home
Industry & Business Magazines Money
News & Issues Parenting & Family People & Relationships
Religion & Spirituality Shopping & Style Small Business
Sports Teens Travel
Search About   

 
Sign up for more free newsletters on favorite topics.

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter as fashionin2010.fashionin2010@BLOGGER.COM. If you wish to change or remove your email address, please visit:
http://www.about.com/nl/usgs.htm?nl=todaysl&e=fashionin2010.fashionin2010@BLOGGER.COM

About respects your privacy. Our Privacy Policy.

Our Contact Information.
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2008 About, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment