Wednesday 10 March 2010

About Today: Should Salt Be Banned in Restaurant Food?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
When I was growing up, there were exactly three spices: Salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Cinnamon was used only for toast, pepper went on eggs, and salt went on everything else.

Should Salt Be Banned in Restaurant Food Preparation?
So imagine my horror when I heard that New York Assemblyman Felix Ortiz has introduced a bill that would ban the use of salt in the preparation of restaurant food.

How to Follow a Low-Sodium Diet
It's important to note here that no one is threatening to take away my salt shaker. I can still commit suicide by sodium if I choose. Or I suppose I could (sigh) use this as an excuse to become a healthier eater and blah, blah, blah.

10 Tips for Eating out on a Diet
In all seriousness, eating out is where any healthy eating attempt of mine totally collapses. This is partly because I don't consider a whole box of pasta a single serving when I'm eating at home, but I'm pretty sure that's what they use when I'm eating out.

Low-Fat, Low-Sodium Crockpot Recipes
Of course, when you eat at home, you know exactly what goes into dinner. These recipes are low fat, low sodium, and they don't take a ton of time to prepare.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
All About Triglycerides
Best Easter Dresses for Little Girls
Spring Crafts and Activities
How to Survive a Layoff
Actor Corey Haim Dead at 38 in LA
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Share Your Dog's Tale
Share your tale of what it's like to live with a specific breed of dog - or even a mutt. Your submission will help prospective owners decide what dog breed is right for them. More >

Reader's Choice Tech Awards
Learn what apps, smartphones, email clients, and more were chosen by About.com readers as their favorites. More>


 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment