Monday 8 March 2010

About Today: Best and Worst of Oscar Fashion

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
My favorite part of the Oscars is the red carpet. I know it has very little to do with the supposed purpose of the awards, which is to honor film. But I would much, much rather make fun of someone's dress than listen to an actor thank their agent for the hundredth time.

Best and Worst of Oscar Fashion
Actresses who won't be thanking their stylists: Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, and Charlize Theron. I still miss the days when Demi Moore would show up wearing bike shorts and a curtain, though.

Men's Fashion at the Oscars
Guys have it easy: They can just wear a tux. And apparently - this year - a skinny tie.

Best Hair at the Oscars
I don't have nearly enough (read: any) red carpet events in my life, so I think I'll just start wearing formal hairstyles all the time. They look great, and I'm sure my coworkers will get used to see me in jeans, a t-shirt, and an updo with sparkly pins.

Jewelry on the Red Carpet
Speaking of sparkle, there was plenty of that last night at the Kodak Theatre. I can only think that stars must not lose earrings at the rate I do, or they'd be terrified to ask jewelers to loan them anything.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
All About Triglycerides
'Hurt Locker' Wins Big at the Oscars
Sparklehorse's Frontman Commits Suicide
Today Is International Women's Day
How to Quit Your Job (And How Not To)
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Share Your Dog's Tale
Share your tale of what it's like to live with a specific breed of dog - or even a mutt. Your submission will help prospective owners decide what dog breed is right for them. More >

Reader's Choice Tech Awards
Learn what apps, smartphones, email clients, and more were chosen by About.com readers as their favorites. More>


 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment