Tuesday 23 March 2010

About Today: 10 Ways to Save $10 a Day

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
Generally, I don't believe in the whole "two types of people" thing. The exception to this is savers and spenders. I believe that you can split the world right down the middle, and have the whole population squarely in one camp or the other.

10 Ways to Save $10 a Day
Me? I'm a spender. And while I like to pretend that I'm Elvis giving away Cadillacs, let's just say my budget doesn't support my enthusiasm.

10 Ways to Start Living the Frugal Life
My sister, on the other hand, got all the saving genes. Years ago, she was the only teenager I knew who used coupons, and she's only gotten more frugal since. I used coupons to blot my lipstick and could seriously use a lesson in fiscal responsibility from my little sister. (Option B: Use the advice from this article.)

What's Keeping You From Saving?
I started saving using the Giant Glass Jar Method. This involves dumping my change into, you guessed it, a giant glass jar. Scoff if you will, but I bought a netbook this year with my savings. (Does it count as savings if you spend it on a netbook? Let's pretend it does.)

6 Ways to Buy Things for Less
No. 3 is my favorite: "Shop consignment and save." Otherwise known as: "Acquire goods with labels you usually only see in magazines, at a reasonable cost."

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
All About Triglycerides
Get Help With Your Taxes
The Best Women in Rock Right Now
March Madness iPhone Apps
9 Best Credit Card Payoff Calculators
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Disney Trip Planner
Everything you need to plan the perfect Disney vacation -- from when to go and what to do, to saving money and picking a hotel. More >

Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>


 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment