Friday 30 July 2010

About Today: How to Treat a Sunburn

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
I am a see-through person, with visible veins and arteries just like the plastic model of the human body you had in science class when you were a kid. As a result, I sunburn easily.

How to Treat a Sunburn
Of course, I do my best to avoid it. But sometimes I forget to reapply my sunscreen, or leave my giant sun-defeating hat at home, and then I need to figure out how to make the burn hurt less.

Tips for Treating Sunburn
You can't really treat sunburn itself, but you can minimize the discomfort. Also, write in your diary, "I will wear sunscreen, I will wear sunscreen" until you remember to do so.

Sunscreen Myths vs. Facts
In my mind, putting on sunscreen just once makes you totally immune to the sun's rays forever. For the whole rest of your life, no sunscreen, it's cool. In reality, well, you see me with this aloe, right?

Video: How to Soothe a Sunburn
My friend Sara invented a sunburn cure. "You stub your toe, the little one, on something hard," she said. "Then you won't care." These soothers are probably more effective.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Ellen Leaves 'American Idol'
Find the Most Comfortable Shoes
New Grandparent? Here's What You Need to Know
Why Do We Age?
The 5 Best Credit Cards for Balance Transfering
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment