Friday 16 July 2010

About Today: Get Kids to Help With Chores

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
My sister called me the other day with a brilliant plan: "I'm going to sew a mop head to your nephew's pants. That way, while he's rolling around on the floor playing with Elmo, he can actually earn his keep."

Age-Appropriate Chores
My nephew, it should be noted, is two. So his contributions mostly extend to putting toys in a box and then emptying it.

5 Easy to Use Chore Charts
Older kids, however, can and should lend a hand. (By the way, my sister says "older" is two years and five minutes old.)

How to Counter Kids' Excuses To Get Out of Chores
When I was a teenager, I tried to convince my Mom that the chore chart was incredibly medieval and anyway, unnecessary, since I was obviously going to help out anyway. This worked just as well as you think it did.

4 Reasons Your Family Won't Help With Chores
If you're the tidy person in your household, well, I can only imagine your pain. Also, you should check out these tips to get your messy people (like me!) to do their share.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
The Best Old-School Games for Your Phone
Top 10 'Sesame Street' Songs
Is Stress Making You Gain Weight?
Pottery & Ceramics 101
Best eReaders for Travelers
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment