Tuesday 6 July 2010

About Today: 5 Ways to Calm Down Quickly

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
If there were a category in the Olympics for getting worked up, I would win the gold, silver, and bronze medals. I'd have to jump from platform to platform, so that I could fully represent myself in the awards ceremony. This would represent no challenge at all, because if there's one thing you learn from being stressed out all the time, it's how to leap from thing to thing and call it multitasking.

Is Your Stress Level Unhealthy?
This level of stress is perfectly fine, as long as I'm planning to fight a bear later. But I just looked at my schedule for the day, and I see that there is no bear fighting on tap. So perhaps another approach is in order.

5 Ways to Calm Down Quickly
When you're worked up, someone will inevitably recommend that you calm down. As advice goes, this sounds just as helpful as, "Grow taller!" or "Develop gills!"

25 Ways to Reduce Stress
Imagine how delighted I was to realize that I'm doing one of these right now. OK, it's just drinking green tea, which isn't as cool sounding as self-hypnosis or autogenics, but it's a start.

Top 10 Stress Relievers: The Best Ways to Feel Better
Another one I'd like to try: Guided imagery. Although it does seem like this could be dangerous for someone with an overactive imagination: "And then the unicorn brings me hot cocoa, so I'll be warm and toasty for our trip to the North Pole."

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Common Budget Travel Mistakes to Avoid
3 Ways to Plan for Early Retirement
Your Horoscope for July
What's the Right Smartphone for You?
A Guy's Guide to Pregnancy
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment