Monday 26 July 2010

About Today: How to Love Mondays

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
In the bad old days before I got to write newsletters for a living, I had some truly terrible jobs. Some of them involved food service, at which I was unskilled, and others were stultifying office jobs where I could just feel my IQ points leak out my ear. All of these jobs had one thing in common: They made me hate Mondays more than Garfield the cat.

I Hate My Job. What Should I Do?
My coping mechanism in those days was to whine, loudly, to anyone who would listen. (And even some people who wouldn't. If you stood still, you were fair game as far as I was concerned.)

How to Love the Job You Have
At one point during all of this, my Mom suggested I seek wisdom from oldies songs. "Love the one you're with," she advised.

How to Meditate
But maybe you don't hate your job. Maybe your problem is that you're too wound up over certain aspects of it. In that case, learning how to live in the present might be helpful. (And, of course, if you figure that out, please tell me how you did it.)

Make Your Hobby Into a Career
"If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life." I put that in quotes, see, so that you can get the benefit out of it without blaming me for being preachy.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Do Toning Shoes Work?
10 Steps to Total Wellness
The Top Stories from Comic-Con
How to Backup Your Computer
Start a New Hobby this Summer
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment