Thursday 8 July 2010

About Today: Can Hot Drinks Cool You Down?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
Here's a yearly tradition I could do without: You're sitting in the sweltering heat, fanning yourself, when some smart aleck tells you that you're only making yourself hotter. And then they inevitably suggest you drink something hot to cool yourself down.

Can Hot Drinks Cool You Down?
But is it true that hot drinks cool you down? I've heard theories on both sides. Of course, I'm going to make you click to find out. (And if any of you know for sure about the fan thing, let me know.)

5 Mexican-Themed Drinks for Summer
One thing you don't need in the heat: alcoholic beverages. You'll just get dehydrated and feel worse. However, you still need the usual amount of drinks with umbrellas in them. Which is why we recommend that you make some of these.

Top 10 Cool Drinks for Hot Summers
All of a sudden, I really want lemonade. Do you think my coworkers would be weirded out if I just brought a huge jug with me to every meeting today?

15 Great Iced Tea Recipes
Iced tea is another beverage I could drink by the gallon in the summer. Now that I know that there's such a thing as Iced Lemon-Honey Yerba Mate, I suspect I'll drink even more.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
How to Remove Sweat Stains
World Cup Top Scorers (So Far)
10 Ways to Be a Better Poker Player
Recipes for Summer's Star: The Tomato
Win Prizes for Things You're Already Doing
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment