Wednesday 30 June 2010

About Today: What to Pack for Summer Camp

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
The first time I ever packed for summer camp, I think I packed about 30 rolls of unicorn stickers, my jelly sandals, and some Mad Libs. Fortunately, my Mom "checked in" on my packing, and added such non-essential items as underpants and bug spray. (Moms, amirite?)

What to Pack for Summer Camp
I needed this list desperately. Even with Mom's intervention, I think we had to burn my socks when I got home. Turns out, you need more socks than you think.

How Did You Prepare Your Child for Sleepaway Camp?
Getting ready for sleepaway camp was a less hilarious, more grueling experience. I think my mother still has nightmares about me asking how long it would take her to drive to my camp and bring me my blankie, if it turned out I needed it after all.

How to Prevent Homesickness
My Mom's trick: Pack the blankie after all, but put in the lining of the suitcase so no one else would know.

Cut the Cost of Summer Camp
This is a big one: How to send the kids to camp without dipping into their college fund?

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Movie Review: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
Protect Your Identity on Vacation
5 Things Winnie the Pooh Can Teach Us about Sweepstakes
Top 10 Travel Games for Trips
Make Your Own Fruit Fly Trap
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment