Monday 28 June 2010

About Today: 20 Cheap Ways to Stay Cool

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
It's rather warm in my neck of the woods these days. How warm? Well, it's 10 AM and my makeup is lying in a pool on my shirt front. Also, I just checked the weather and the 10-day forecast said, "Just stay inside. Trust us."

20 Cheap Ways to Stay Cool
The trouble is, being comfortable indoors seems to mean air conditioning all holy heck out of your living space, which is expensive and wasteful, etc. So what's a thrifty, energy conscious person to do?

Recipes to Cool You off
I'm a big believer in cooling myself off from the outside in. After looking through these recipes, I've decided that I need about a gallon of chilled cucumber soup, and then I'll be fine.

How to Keep Cool in the Summer Without Air Conditioning
If you're smart about it, you can skip the AC altogether and still stay cool.

7 Types of Air Cooling Appliances
My favorite? The swamp cooler. I long to live in a climate where a swamp cooler is a viable option, if only because it has the neatest name of any appliance ever.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
What to Pack for Summer Camp
Plan Your 4th of July Party
Quick Low Calorie Meals
How to Get Sunburn Relief
The World's 10 Fastest Roller Coasters
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment