Friday 4 June 2010

About Today: 10 Things to Bring to a Music Festival

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
I went to my first music festival when I was 16. It was Lollapalooza, and there was a thunderstorm, which was unfortunate as I had dyed my hair at home with cherry Kool-Aid the night before. By the end of the festival, I looked more like Carrie than Hubley, and I swore I would never attend a festival unprepared again.

10 Things to Bring to a Music Festival
No. 7 is the one I recommend most strongly: Bottled Water and Sports Drinks. As someone who has gone thirsty for lack of (or inclination to spend) five dollars for a tiny bottle of water, I cannot stress this strongly enough.

How to Make the Most Out of a Music Festival
And here, I recommend to your attention no. 3: Know the Rules. Back in the days when people wore spiky chokers, I lost many accessories by not knowing this.

Tips for Taking Children to Music Festivals
I'd also add: Get your kids some big ol' earphones. What would you suggest?

How to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
A friend of mine once ruined his car completely, because he had no idea you needed to put oil in it. Do not let this happen to you. It will put a serious dent in your fun.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Are You Affected By the Maytag Recall?
8 Summer Child Care Options
Sprint's HTC Evo: Big, Beautiful, & Fast
'Get Him to the Greek' - Best Comedy of the Year?
What's LeBron James Worth to a City?
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Birth Control Misconceptions
How much do you know about sex myths and your chances of becoming pregnant? Click here to test your knowledge. More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment