Tuesday 8 June 2010

About Today: Find a Job Online - The Best (and Worst) Sites

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
I'm pretty sure that if the internet had not been invented, I would be running a lemonade stand. I'd have to compete for space with the little kids on my street, and eventually they'd stand on each other's shoulders and beat me up until I agreed to give them my part of the curb. Boy, it'd be embarrassing. Fortunately, the internet does exist, and so I have remained employed in the non-lemonade sector for years.

Job Site Reviews: Best and Worst Job Sites
The trick is to find sites that will actually have jobs that appeal to you. Fortunately, our readers were willing to weigh in on which sites were most helpful to them in their time of unemployment.

What's Your Favorite Job Site?
I've found jobs from standard job search sites, and from odd little corners of the internet, including blogs, forums, and one site that I associate more with apartment hunting and free furniture than career advancement.

Use Twitter to Job Search
The last time I looked for work, Twitter didn't even exist. Now you can use it to hunt for jobs. I don't think I'll mention this on my resume. It probably dates me more than my year of graduation.

Where to Find Job Listings Online
This article lists every possible place to find work online, from the top job sites to the best places to find work through social networking. Also included: the best places to find part-time work, international jobs, or work-at-home jobs.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Meet the iPhone 4
How to Network Like a Rockstar
Make Your Favorite Meals Cholesterol-Friendly
Get the Look: New Orleans Decorating Style
Helen Thomas Quits Over Comments About Israel
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment