Tuesday 12 October 2010

Speedendurance.com

Speedendurance.com


Long Life Secrets, Part 1

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 09:00 AM PDT

In my never ending series on good health and peak performance, here is a quick summary of tips to long life, healthy living, and overall well being.

In no particular order…

  1. Genetics
    Having parents and grandparents into their 80's and 90's help!
  2. Sleep
    I really should listen to my own advice!  There's enough research out there on sleep deprivation and performance.
  3. STRESS control and blood pressure control
    Again, what happens to you is not important.  How you REACT to it is more important.  See the article on Attitude.
  4. Low Caloric Intake
    Fewer calories means fewer free radicals, and lesser metabolic cellular damage.
  5. High Vegetables and Fruits Consumption
    Listen to the Raymond Francis podcast here.
  6. Higher Intake of Good Fats
    I am referring to omega-3 fatty acids and mono-unsaturated fatty acids.  For more info, read my primer on Fats.
  7. High Fiber Diet
    Constipation is no fun, and neither is colon cancer!
  8. High Flavonoid Intake
    I need to write an article on this… stay tuned!
  9. Low Body Fat Level
    Too much fat adds stress to the body and your organs.
  10. High Level of MENTAL Activity
    For example, do crossword puzzles, or just read books
  11. High Level of Physical Activity
    I don't think I need to elaborate in this, do I?
  12. Moderate Alcohol Use
    I did say moderate, didn't I?
  13. Avoidance of Smoking 
    That includes tobacco an other funny stuff.  Vancouver, BC, are you listening?
  14. Positive Outlook on Life
    …coupled with a spiritual outlook on life.  I keep religious views and opinions out of this post.

The above list can come from your coach, you mother, or even your great grandmother.  It's not rocket science.  Just plain common sense.

Probably the best formula for SUCCESS is being wealthy in 4 areas of your life:  Financial, Physical (i.e. health), Emotional, and Spiritual.  I got this short list from Anthony Robbins.  Trying to achieve the best in these 4 areas are important for a well balance life, and therefore you'll live longer.  I know guys who are Financially wealthy but physically they sure could use some help! 

Conversely, I know world class athletes in superior shape and fitness, but are constantly broke!

But there is another missing item in my above list that can extend life by 12%.. in mice that is.  More on that tomorrow.

Can you guess what that is?

Complete Speed Training

Copyright © 2010 by Speedendurance.com. All Rights Reserved.
Speedendurance.com is on Facebook. Visit:
Find SpeedEndurance.com on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment