Friday 15 October 2010

About Today: The Scariest Places on Earth

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
As many of you know, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and this time of year is my favorite time of year. That's because we get to revert to childhood and think about costumes, candy, and ghost stories.

13 Haunted Bed-and-Breakfasts
I'm especially taken with the ghost story aspect of Halloween, because it isn't fattening and doesn't require me to do any work. It's the laziest part of the holiday, really.
See More About:  haunted bed and breakfasts 

The World's Most Haunted Places
My DVR is chock-full of haunted places shows right now. It'll probably take me til next Halloween to get through them all.
See More About:  ghosts  haunted places  myrtles plantation

Best Ghost Walks and Haunted Places in the UK
If you're feeling more energetic, you can look up local events near you. I like ghost walks and tours, because then you get the atmosphere as well as the story.
See More About:  halloween  ghosts  hauntings

Top 10 Spooky Places
My vote for spookiest place on this list? Notre Dame Cathedral. By the time I got to the top, I was positively terrified I'd never catch my breath again.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
The 5 Most Famous Wrestling Politicians
How Much Should You Tip?
How to Break a Lease
Movie Review: 'Red'
Best Tinted Moisterizers
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Is it a Cold or the Flu?
Knowing whether you have a cold or the flu can help you treat your symptoms more effectively. More >



Concerned About Your Drinking?
This short quiz can help you identify whether or not you have a drinking problem. Take the quiz now >




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment