Tuesday 12 October 2010

About Today: 8 First Aid Tips You'll Actually Use

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
The Hubleys are what you'd call an accident-prone family. We're excellent at tripping up the stairs, falling from high places, and trying to dice our fingers with the celery. For this reason, my family has always tried to stay up-to-date on the latest first aid techniques.

8 First Aid Tips You'll Actually Use
Years ago, when my sister took her turn at trying to add her fingertips to the salad, I sat in the back seat with her on the way to the emergency room. My mother commended me on holding her hand above her heart, to slow the bleeding. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was trying to keep the blood off my shirt.

5 Reasons to Call 911
Sometimes, though, you don't want to wait for your blood-phobic sister to help you get to the ER. At those times, call 911 immediately.

9 First Aid Skills That Can Really Save a Life
This is a favorite Hubley skill: Using an Epi-pen. When you're allergic to the earth, it's a good idea to be prepared.

What Should You Have in Your First Aid Kit?
My friends find it hilarious that I travel with a first aid kit at all times. This is perhaps because they're not as accident-prone, but I still maintain it's a good idea.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Scandal, Struggles May Have Favre Rethinking Latest Comeback
R&B Legend Solomon Burke, R.I.P.
Best -- And Worst -- Bruce Willis Movies
How to Do a Breast Self-Exam
Understanding Facebook's Newest Feature: Groups
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Is it a Cold or the Flu?
Knowing whether you have a cold or the flu can help you treat your symptoms more effectively. More >



Concerned About Your Drinking?
This short quiz can help you identify whether or not you have a drinking problem. Take the quiz now >




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment