Monday 11 October 2010

About Today: 5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Cooking

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
Regular readers know that I'm not exactly a wizard in the kitchen. Unless by "wizard," you mean, "able to produce large quantities of smoke from seemingly nowhere." In that way, I am definitely a kitchen wizard.

5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Cooking
This is no problem, though, because my job involves reading about things that our writers do well and I don't do at all. I can't help but pick up a few things.

How to Use a Knife Like a Chef
One thing I'd like to pick up: One of those snazzy knives that chefs wield so gracefully on TV, while I watch from the sofa with my TV dinner.

How to Cook Anything
But maybe not for long. There are cooking techniques here that I've heard of before - sauteing, for example - but have never learned how to do. It sounds much less scary in this article, though, than it was in my head.

How to Wash Your Hands
What's washing your hands have to do with cooking techniques? Hopefully a lot, or I'm never eating at your house. (Smiley face!)

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Columbus Day Trivia Quiz
How Our Readers Got out of Credit Card Debt
7 Great Jack O'Lantern Patterns
Language Lessons From 'The Simpsons'
Bike Your Way to a Better Body
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Is it a Cold or the Flu?
Knowing whether you have a cold or the flu can help you treat your symptoms more effectively. More >



Concerned About Your Drinking?
This short quiz can help you identify whether or not you have a drinking problem. Take the quiz now >




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment