Monday 9 August 2010

Speedendurance.com

Speedendurance.com


White Noise – Best Kept Secret for Sleeping (and Office Cubicles)

Posted: 08 Aug 2010 09:00 AM PDT

In Rome, it's hot and humid.  We are talking about daytime high of 38C and lows of 28C.  It's actually hotter with the reflection from the stones and bricks, plus the humidity.

But despite the heat, I can sleep better and longer hours too, despite the early sunrise.

This is bizarre as there are more barking dogs, chirping birds, church bells (at least where I live), cars on the road, and of course more 7am construction going on.

But why is it I can sleep more?

Is it my ZMA?

Nope, call it the white noise.

Thanks to the large fan (or poor man's air conditioner), as it emits a nice loud hum of white noise.

Memories of an Office Job

Back in the days when I had an office job (over 1 year now – sorry guys for leaving you stranded)  I worked in a cubicle.  I was surprised how the clacking of keyboards or even paper shuffling wouldn't bother me.  

Then at 7pm, the office building would turn off their fan and "white noise" maker.  That's when it became earthly quiet and I could hear anything.  Even a pin drop.

The moral of the story: if you want to sleep better, try a white noise generator.  Even an Ocean Waves CD can do the trick.  If you are lucky, you have ocean front (or Mediterranean Sea) property and simply open up the windows!

Complete Speed Training

Copyright © 2010 by Speedendurance.com. All Rights Reserved.
Speedendurance.com is on Facebook. Visit:
Find SpeedEndurance.com on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment