Friday 20 August 2010

About Today: Host a Game Night

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
This year, I've noticed a new trend among my friends: All of a sudden, everyone wants to have a game night. I think this is partly because we're all trying to save money, and partly because we're secretly still ten years old.

Top 5 Party Games
My favorite on this list is Balderdash, because it allows you to make up words. I still think they should give you points for that on the SATs.

Top 10 Must-Have Board and Card Games
I'd add Monopoly to this excellent list. I loved this game as a kid, even though I hated to see people lose so much, I'd sneak money under their stacks when they weren't looking.

Family Board Game Night
I have fond memories of family game night as a kid. It's the one thing I regret about having so many electronic distractions now. You really have to make an effort to unplug.

Game Night for Kids
It's worth the effort, though, to make new memories with your kids. After all, how else will they torture their own children with stories of the "good old days"?

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Roger Clemens Indicted
Movie Review: 'The Switch'
What Is Causing Pakistan's Flooding?
What Are the Symptoms of ADD in Adults?
Movie Review: 'The Tillman Story'
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment