Wednesday 18 August 2010

About Today: 12 Ideas for a Healthy School Lunch

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
When I was a kid, lunch was a pile of marshmallow product, squished between two pieces of bread. Sometimes, if we were feeling adventurous, we'd pile some chips in there, too. This was entirely fine, because it was the 80s, before vegetables were invented.

How to Pack a Healthy School Lunch
Now, however, we know better. I found this out the other day, when I offered soda to a friend's daughter. My friend's daughter, BTW, is five months old. (Do not invite me over, people. I will poison the children.)

12 Ideas for a Healthy School Lunch
We've come a long way from the potato chip-fluffer-nutters of my youth. I would eat any one of these voluntarily, as an adult. In all seriousness, I might start making macaroni and cheese with a hidden vegetable for myself. I'll fool myself into eating more healthily.

5 Ways to Jazz up a School Lunch
Option B: Tiny food, or, as this article advises, "Make food smaller." Everything is more delicious when it's small.

Lunch Ideas for Picky Eaters
As a kid, I was a picky eater. So I completely relate when maturity-challenged Americans tell me they don't like strange food.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
5 Things Kindergarten Teachers Wish Parents Knew
Top 10 Steak Recipes
Find Labor Day Getaways
10 Cleaning Myths ... Debunked
What to Do in Chicago in the Summer
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment