Thursday 5 August 2010

About Today: What's Wrong With a Messy Desk?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
In this world, there are tidy-desk people and messy-desk people. I am the latter, and while I'm not exactly proud of it, I have learned to deal with it. How? Like all messy deskers, I have a system.

What's Wrong With a Messy Desk?
OK, I'm just funning with you. I don't have a system at all. But I'm planning on developing one, just as soon as I find my to-do list, which is under here somewhere.

Video: How to Organize Your Desk
My friend Elana has the most organized desk I've ever seen in my life. Even the paperclips are arranged at right angles to her cube wall. I aspire to this level of tidiness.

4 Easy Tips for Organizing Your Desk
In the meantime, I'll settle for being able to find stuff when I need it. The fourth tip on this list is the most helpful one for me: "Clear your desk." The best way to do it is at the beginning and end of each day.

5 Things to Organize Your Home Office Right Now
Or I could start with option 1 from this list: "Pick three things and throw them out." Come to think of it, maybe I should just put a giant garbage bag at my desk, and toss out old things as I find them.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Choose the Right e-Reader for You
Save for College While You Shop
Do Toning Shoes Really Work?
Top 10 Solitaire Games
How to Succeed at Breastfeeding While Working
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment