Friday 14 January 2011

About Today: Learn to Ski or Snowboard

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
Every year, my friends threaten to make me learn how to ski or snowboard. They do this, despite the fact that I've told them repeatedly my body only wants to go down the mountain head first. Actually, I think they're my friends. It's also possible that they're trying to kill me.

Learn to Ski or Snowboard for Less
If I'm going to do it, this month is the time, though. It's Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month, so a lot of resorts are having deals on lessons.

Do I Need to Take Skiing Lessons?
Presumably, they'll teach me how to improve my relationship with gravity. Or at least learn how to fall better.

Get Ready to Snowboard
I'd settle for a general reduction in bruisey-ness. The one time I tried to learn to snowboard, I wound up with a perfect impression of my boot on my backside. Don't ask me how I managed to kick my own butt. I still don't know.

Learn to Ski or Ride on Extreme Slopes
If you're already past the bunny slope stage, you might go for the more extreme slopes. I'll wave to you from the lodge.
See More About:  extreme skiing  skiing  avalanche safety

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Vote in the Readers' Choice Awards
Meet the 13th Astrological Sign: Ophiuchus
Get in Shape With Yoga
A Beginner's Guide to Investing in Stocks
Should You Pay Extra for Organic Milk?
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Over the Counter Cold Medications
How to choose the right medication for your cold and flu symptoms. More>



Should Kids Get Flu Shots?
Think your child is too healthy to need a flu shot? Think again. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment