Thursday 20 January 2011

About Today: Home Repairs You Can Do Yourself

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
I want you all to know that if anything happens to me, my apartment did it. Yesterday, the sink flooded - a clear attempt to drown me. A few weeks ago, the living room light blew out - obviously trying to zap me from afar.

How to Unclog a Drain
Another theory, of course, is that when you never fix anything, stuff tends to break more spectacularly. (I mean, if you want to be serious about it.)

How to Wire and Install an Outlet
One thing we know for sure is that the living room light isn't a light bulb situation. We are geniuses, and tried that first.

Video: How to Paint a Wall
This is why we're glad I work at About.com. It enables me to look up DIY home repair tutorials, and do my job at the same time.

DIY Clothes Washer Repair
I have never been more impressed, though, than the day my Dad fixed the clothes dryer by himself. For years afterward, I was convinced he was some kind of wizard. Of course, I was five at the time, but hey.
See More About:  appliances  green laundry 

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Top 5 Reasons We Love Steven Tyler on 'American Idol'
House Votes to Repeal Health Care Reform
Top 10 Free Things to Do in London
What to Do About Stinky Pets
5 Extras Moms Want in a Family Car
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Over the Counter Cold Medications
How to choose the right medication for your cold and flu symptoms. More>



Should Kids Get Flu Shots?
Think your child is too healthy to need a flu shot? Think again. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment