Monday 12 April 2010

Speedendurance.com

Speedendurance.com


Tyson Gay will Break the 200 meter World Record in Manchester

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 09:00 AM PDT

I'm going to make a bold prediction here.

If Tyson Gay decides to run the 200 at Manchester, just like Sanya Richards, I predict he will break the world record.

But I'm not talking about the 19.19 WR set by Usain Bolt.

I am referring to the 200 straightaway WR set by Tommie Smith, a 19.5 HT or 19.74 FAT.

Why not?  Last year, Tyson opened up the season with a 200m in a scorching 19.58 at the Reebok meet.

Surely with a straight track, weather permitting and favorable wind conditions, he can run under 19.74 post-groin surgery?

If you want to get picky, then it's really a World's Best rather than a World Record.

And, yes, I will stop calling you "Shirley"…

If you want to see how they make a track on a road surface, see my article on the The Making of Manchester and Temporary Tracks

Complete Speed Training

Copyright © 2009 by Speedendurance.com. All Rights Reserved.
Speedendurance.com is on Facebook. Visit:
Find SpeedEndurance.com on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment