Friday 23 April 2010

About Today: How to Have a Happy Family

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
It sounds funny to say, but growing up, I had no idea my family wasn't rich. This is either because I wasn't as smart a kid as my Mom claims (entirely possible) or because my family is a lot of fun (definitely true).

10 Absolutely Free Kids' Activities
For example, for an entire year, my Dad and I were pirates. I don't mean that we pretended to be pirates. I mean we were pirates. The fact that our "ship" was a leaky canoe propped up on logs in the vegetable garden was beside the point.

Active Play: 5 Activities to Do With Your Kids
Being a pirate, by the way, involved running all over the yard looking for scraps of treasure map. Which was definitely a lot better for us than staring at the TV all day.

Video: How to Avoid Temper Tantrums
My sister called me the other day to tell me that her son had developed an annoying new noise. "It's like WAAAAAH," she said, whining into the phone. "And it has apparently taken the place of 'please' and 'help.'"

Why Eat Dinner Together?
I'm a big fan of the family dinner. For one thing, I notice I don't eat as much when I'm sitting at a table, talking to my loved ones. (Instead of shoveling food into my mouth while standing over the sink to let the crumbs drop down the drain.)

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
10 Reality Shows That Changed TV
Why Financial Ethics Are Good for Business
9 Great Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Before You Adopt a Cat
5 Steps to a Great Yard Sale
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Disney Trip Planner
Everything you need to plan the perfect Disney vacation -- from when to go and what to do, to saving money and picking a hotel. More >



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment