Monday 19 April 2010

About Today: How to Turn Junk Into Jewelry

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
If there's one thing we have enough of, it's junk. It fills every drawer, cabinet, and closet - no matter how many drawers, cabinets and closets we acquire.

How to Turn Junk Into Jewelry
I have good intentions when it comes to purging this stuff, but when it comes time to actually throw things away, I lose my resolve.

Turn Trash Into Crafts
That's because a lot of our odder odds and ends seem sort of neat when they're all together in a drawer or box. The kid in us insists this stuff is treasure. Which - OK, maybe not. But you can still turn it into something pretty.

The Best Items to Recycle Into Green Crafts
If you think about it, it's not that we're lazy or overly attached to our things. No, we are green, ecologically responsible persons who love the planet.

Recycle Denim Into Sewing Projects
My dresser drawers aren't exactly junk-free, either. For example, I wear my jeans until they fall off my body. And then I keep what's left of them for ages, telling myself I'll fix them or something. Thanks to this piece, I finally have the "or something."

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Furyk Wins Playoff After Foe Calls Penalty On Himself
Why Is Volcanic Ash Dangerous for Flights?
How to Plan a Bar Mitzvah
Is Your Skin Healthy?
Pictures from Coachella Festival
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Disney Trip Planner
Everything you need to plan the perfect Disney vacation -- from when to go and what to do, to saving money and picking a hotel. More >



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment