Wednesday 10 November 2010

About Today: 7 Ways to Keep Your Holiday Spending Under Control

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
I'm the worst when it comes to budgeting for the holidays. I always intend to write things out, but then opt to wing it at the last minute, figuring that I'll just keep my spending under control. (Seriously, sometimes it's like I've just met me.)

7 Ways to Keep Your Holiday Spending Under Control
The problem is that I want to be Elvis, giving away Cadillacs, and that's not a good idea financially. (Probably, it wasn't even a good idea for Elvis.)

How to Budget Holiday Spending
So this year, for the first time, I'm writing everything down and making a budget, like a grown-up.

Why Do We Go Into Debt for the Holidays?
After all, no one has ever sent a thank-you card that said, "Thanks for going into massive credit card debt for my holiday enjoyment!"

8 Tips to Budget for Holiday Travel
While I'm being responsible, I think I'll work my travel plans into the budget. This is actually where most of us go wrong: We forget that traveling during the holidays costs a bazillion dollars.

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Find Your Perfect-Fit College
Call of Duty: Black Ops Bugs & Exploits
Football Player Cam Newton Caught Cheating
Movie Review: 'Morning Glory'
Will Paper Maps Still Exist in 10 Years?
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Is it a Cold or the Flu?
Knowing whether you have a cold or the flu can help you treat your symptoms more effectively. More >



Concerned About Your Drinking?
This short quiz can help you identify whether or not you have a drinking problem. Take the quiz now >




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment