Tuesday 9 November 2010

About Today: 10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Used Car

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
Every car I've ever owned has been used, mostly because I buy them off family members for the smallest price I can guilt them into. But even if I couldn't rely on my wiles to get me a deal, I think I'd still go with a used car.

10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Used Car
This is partly because I'm cheap and partly because I'm broke. (An excellent combination, you must admit.)
See More About:  used car values  vehicle condition  oil

How Much Car Can You Afford?
When it comes to buying cars, new or used, the first question you have to ask yourself is how much you can actually afford? (Note: This should be in the real world, today, and not in your mind where you're a millionaire.)

How Much Is Your Used Car Worth?
A friend of mine is selling his car and told me about the trouble he was having placing a value on it. "You don't want to give it away for peanuts," he said. "But you also don't want to wind up with the thing sitting in your driveway for months while you wait for some dream price you made up in your head."

How to Test Drive a Used Car
Today in Things I Need to Learn How to Do: Test driving a used car. Honestly, before I read this piece, I had no idea what I'd be looking for in this scenario, besides "radio is tuned to a station I approve of," or "car isn't visibly on fire."
See More About:  test drives  customer rights  private sales

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Is Paying Bills Online Safe?
Was Olberman's Suspension All about the Ratings?
Jonathan Duhamel Wins 2010 World Series of Poker
Death Penalty in Connecticut Home Invasion Case
Queen Elizabeth Is on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Is it a Cold or the Flu?
Knowing whether you have a cold or the flu can help you treat your symptoms more effectively. More >



Concerned About Your Drinking?
This short quiz can help you identify whether or not you have a drinking problem. Take the quiz now >




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment