Thursday 30 December 2010

Speedendurance.com

Speedendurance.com


Worst Club Sandwich in America?

Posted: 30 Dec 2010 07:05 AM PST

I used to pride myself in ordering a Club sandwich when travelling, usually at the hotel restaurants.  The other options were burgers, pizza or overcooked pasta.

As an athlete, I tried to stay healthy.  Even as a coach, I try to be role model in front of my hungry athletes (good thing I like bubbly water, instead of Coke or Fanta).  I save the Pliny the Elder for after track meets.

On my last business trip to the Bay Area, I ended up at the famous (chain) The Cheesecake Factory. 

And yes, they sell food other than cheesecake.

Just for fun, I noticed Cheesecake Factory Grilled Shrimp and Bacon Club…

Guess how many calories are in it?  Fat?  Sodium?

Cheesecake Factory Grilled Shrimp and Bacon Club

1,746 calories
28 g saturated fat
2,306 mg sodium

cheescake_factory_grilled_shrimp_club

Okay, so you think their seafood pasta is any better?

Cheesecake Factory Bistro Shrimp Pasta

2,727 calories
78 g saturated fat
1,737 mg sodium

Cheesecake_Factory_Bistro_Shrimp_Pasta

YIKES!  That's a lot of calories, fat and sodium, and we're looking at just a single meal!  Not the full day's supply.

So what I eventually ordered isn't the point of this article (hey, it was a business meeting).  It is to be aware of all the hidden calories, fats, salts, and sugars that exists.  And that includes liquid meals like shakes and smoothies, too.

Remember, the 3 golden rules at a French restaurant to make any dish taste better are:

  1. Add butter
  2. Add cream
  3. Add butter and cream

Just make smart decisions when eating out.

Copyright © 2010 by Speedendurance.com. All Rights Reserved.
Speedendurance.com is on Facebook. Visit:
Find SpeedEndurance.com on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment