Tuesday 1 March 2011

About Today: Avoid the Flu With These Foods

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Jen Hubley, your About Today Editor
I am typing this newsletter from within a germ-proof bubble, which I have constructed around my desk to prevent my coworkers from infecting me with the bug of the day. It could be a cold, it could be the flu. Whatever it is, it sounds unpleasant, and I'm hiding til it's over.

Avoid the Flu With These Foods
Option b: I could just start taking better care of myself. It's not as dramatic as my bubble, but it could be helpful. For example, apparently fruit and vegetables are good for you.

10 Best Foods to Boost Your Immune System
In general, you can't go wrong by eating better. This is true even when flu season is over.

Improve Your Health With More Sleep
I have been waiting for this advice my whole life: Get more sleep, and (maybe) get fewer colds.

I've Got the Flu. Should I Call in?
Let's say worse comes to worst, and you do get sick. How sick is too sick to come in? Especially if you sit near me?

 


Today Ads
Featured Articles
Vote Now: 2011 Readers' Choice Awards
Common Gardening Chores and Your Back
Do First-Time Home Buyers Need an Agent?
How to Haggle
3 Strategies for Finding a Summer Internship
Follow Us on Twitter!

 

More from About.com

Discover the Disney Dream
Disney's newest cruise ship has something for every family member, from the Aqua Duck watercoaster to adults-only lounges. More>



Cruise the Celebrity Eclipse
The Eclipse features luxurious interiors, a spa, and the "iLounge" where guests can check email and create their own photo books. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment